Walk or Cycle
Get your steps or weekly cycle in by walking or cycling to Bristol Light Festival. Over 300,000 people live within a 20 minute cycle of Bristol city centre.
Bristol Temple Meads railway station is the largest hub in the west of England with direct services from London, Scotland, Wales, Manchester and Birmingham. All the Bristol Light Festival installations are a short walk from Bristol Temple Meads. The Severn Beach line now runs twice an hour, making it a great option to visit the city centre from Avonmouth, Shirehampton, Sea Mills, Stapleton Road and Lawrence Hill.
- Book ahead and save over 50%
- GroupSave – discounts of 1/3 off fares when 3-9 people travel together. Simply search for tickets with the number of people travelling and the discount will be applied automatically
- Long Weekender – travelling from London Paddington? Leave on a Friday or Saturday, return on a Monday and save over 60% compared to an Anytime Return
You can plan your journey, check timetables, book tickets and find out more at GWR.com.
Bristol is well served by a number of national and regional coach services. If you are coming to the city from further afield, Bristol Bus & Coach Station is a walkable distance to Bristol Light Festival installations.
First Bus offers:
- 30% discount on West of England Day (£4.90) and Group (£9.80) tickets
- 30% discount on Bristol Day (£4.20) and Group (£8.40) tickets
Discounted tickets are now available via the First Bus website.
A Day ticket allows unlimited travel on any First or metrobus service in your chosen zone from 4.30am until 4.29am* the following morning. If you choose a Group ticket, up to 5 people of any age can travel all day. Allowing you to get to the festival in a sustainable way and hop on and off as many services as you like to make the most of Bristol Light Festival.
1 ticket per customer. Customers will be sent a mTicket discount code.
Park & Ride
The park & ride in Bristol offers a comfortable and easy way of travelling to Bristol. Please be aware that Bristol’s Park & Ride services all finish at around 7pm. Options listed below:
- Portway, North West of Bristol
- Long Ashton, South West of Bristol
- Brislington, South East of Bristol
- Lyde Green, North East of Bristol
Jump on on a Voi-scooter which you will find parked throughout the city centre. You must be at least 18 years old and hold a provisional or full driving license to ride Voi-scooters.
Need to travel by car and wondering where the best places to park are? Click the link below for car parking options in Bristol city centre. Please be aware that Bristol’s Clean Air Zone is now in effect as of 28 November 2022 and some cars will be liable to be charged for entering Bristol city centre. You can find out more about the CAZ here.